Saturday, January 06, 2007

Kotoshimo Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu!

(Please treat me favourably again this year)

Well hello everyone! Happy New Year! Welcome to my first post for 2007. I hope you all had a fun and relaxing time with your friends and family over the break.

How are the New Year’s resolutions going? I usually stay away from them, because I once resolved never to make one again having discovered that I was completely incapable of sticking with them for more than twelve hours or so. That being the case, it should come as no surprise, then, that I am now, finally, and predictably, going back on that resolution; this year I will aim to post on this blog with more regularity, and to make each post more reader friendly and shorter in length. To that end I plan to make use of photos wherever possible and appropriate. Already, however, I’ve run into some problems in that my camera is broken, and I’m unable to copy the pictures from Tomoki’s camera—which I took with me on my recent travels—to my computer because the usb cable (I think that’s what it’s called?) which connects the camera to the computer is currently at Tomoki’s place. Anyway, it’s not a big problem, and I’ll soon sort it out.

Now, if you read my last post you might remember that I left off by promising that I would return with some news—some big news—in my first post of this year. So, here goes: on the night of the 21st of last month I proposed to Tomoki—she said YES! We’ve been together almost two years now, and I consider myself very lucky indeed. I will tell you how I proposed, but first I must tell you about the day before the proposal. And in keeping with the aforementioned NYR, both of these stories will appear subsequent to this post, and separate from one another.

Here is a list of possible story titles to give you some idea of what to expect in the next few posts:

Ten Minutes in Tiffany’s
Christmas “Illuminations”, a Standing Wine Bar, and . . .
The Youngest and Skinniest Santa of All-time
A Day in Nagasaki
Kagoshima: reminds me of home
The Alpha Scotsman and The Alpha Twatsman
The Saga Continues (in Saga)
Mt. Aso: the world’s largest caldera
Dinner @ Tomoki’s

Okay, so, I’ll be back (God willing) in a couple of days (Geez that’s optimistic) with a brand spanking new post. Til then, stay beautiful!

eyechan

14 comments:

Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq. said...

eyechan,

Congrats! It always puts a tear in old Teddy's eye to see that marriage between a man and a woman still exists in some parts of the world!

Congrats again, and Happy New Year to you, too!

-Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq.

Eyezaku said...

Thanks Teddy!

Anonymous said...

Eyechan - congratulations to you both. We are over the moon having heard the news and we wish you a lifetime of happiness, good health and the pitter patter sound of tiny feet (all in good time of course!).

I also admit to feeling fortunate that I have been able to read the early postings of the next big thing in the literary world - move over Peter Carey, Eyechan is coming to take your mantle.

Uncle Mike and Aunty Sophie

Unknown said...

Hey Isaac & Tomoki

Christmas was filled with lots of joy and happiness as we sat around the table and reflected on this wonderful news of yours. We feel your excitment as you are about to take the next step forward in your life with a woman who has captured your heart.

Go back and read the email I sent you "Christmas is coming but it may be late".

Congratulations!

We wish you joy
We wish you happiness
We wish you loving kindness

Luv to you both
mum

Eyezaku said...

Thanks Uncle Mike & Aunty Sophie! Hope you guys had a great time travelling across the US!

Eyezaku said...

Hey mum,

Yes, nice bit of female/motherly intuition that was. I read it just before heading out to look for a ring for Tomoki.

Schmoop said...

Dont do it!! Dont do it!! Okay, I'm kidding. Congrats and good luck to both of you...Cheers!!

Eyezaku said...

Thanks Matt-man!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Oh Eyechan, that is just so, so wonderful. I am thrilled for you both. I so want all the little details and so don't forget to post again about it. And will you pls post a pic of your girl....? I want to see her in all her happiness....

Eyezaku said...

Thanks Maryam! I had been planning to write all about it, and to post a picture of me and Tomoki in my next post, but, sadly, Tomoki has since told me that she doesn't want me writing too much about her in my blog, and photos of her are a definite no no. As disappointed as I am, I will respect her wishes. But don't worry, I will still write about it (the proposal etc), I just won't go into as much detail as I otherwise would have.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Aw rats. But I understand, I guess. Not everyone is comfortable putting their whole life on the internet for everyone to see...I hope she is supportive of your blog in general, though.

Kiyotoe said...

Congrats eyechan.....i was all set to hear more about the proposal. My girlfriend warned me of the same thing "don't speak about me or the relationship to strangers in the blog".

And now?

she has her own and even posted a picture of herself! Go figure.

thanks for stopping by, come back anytime.

mika said...

wow, congratulations! glad to have found your blog, thanks for dropping by mine! :)

Eyezaku said...

Kiyotoe~ Cheers! Yeah, I've tried negotiating with her, but she's quite adamant. Luckily, English is not her first language, and so if I'm clever about it I could- nah, that's just asking for trouble.

Mika~ Much appreciated! I hope you come back!