Wednesday, July 26, 2006

First Post

Hello, all!

Before I get down to some real blogging I would like to clear something up. That is, given that the title of this blog contains the word 'memoirs' you may be under the impression that I will be writing about things that happened many moons ago. Not so. I've only been in Japan for a year and a half, you see. No, this blog will be a diary of sorts, which I'm more than happy to share with you.

The title of this blog also contains the Japanese word Gaijin, which, for a long time, I had actually believed meant hairy barbarian. However, it merely means foreigner.

I will write about various experiences--hopefully ones that are interesting and humorous--shortly after they have happened, or as soon as is humanly possible. As I have no control over the timing of these experiences, I am unable to predict the regularity, or otherwise, of my posting.

I sincerely apologise for the wankerish language used herein, but I seem unable to make myself stop (I think I've been reading too many books!). In any case, please feel free to leave comments. I'd love to hear from you.

Eyechan

NB: I changed the title of this blog because I felt that too many other people were using Memoirs of a Gaijin for the their blog or website--17.2.2007

No comments: